Job ID: 2019-80170
High Energy Team!
High Volume shop!!
Please call Hannah at 904-561-8607
or text 904-372-8138 for more information
We are currently hiring a Diesel Mechanic in South Plainfield,NJ!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
Under close supervision, the Tech II Diesel Mech (Regulated) position performs minor to average routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of a T3, T4, TIC, SS or SM, when performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage development in a productive manner.
The T2 Technician performs minor to average repairs and routine maintenance under limited supervision. The T2 may be assigned to work/train directly with a T3 or T4.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
- Must possess state license as required
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Performs other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website