Our team is growing!
Ryder is hiring for 2nd shift Warehouse Forklift Operators in Morris, IL
$2,000 Retention Bonus
(Half after 90 days of hire and half after 180 days of hire)
About the position:
- Pay : $18.80/hour
- Incentive pay: Up to $2.75/hour added if productivity goal is maxed out
- Hours: 5:00pm-3:30am
- Days (two options):
- Schedule 1: Sun/Mon & Thurs/Fri (split schedule)
- Schedule 2: Sunday-Wednesday
- 6 months of previous forklift experience required
- Must have flexible schedule to work overtime hours
- Slip sheet experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination appointments!
Text "MORRIS" to 630-276-6959 for more info!
- Strong Safety culture, including safe and reliable equipment, paid training
- Stability and growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package, vacation & PTO in the first year!
- Weekly pay, direct deposit is available!
- Forbes' 2019 list of the “World's Best Employers”
The purpose of this position is to accurately transfer product, both physically and logically, into and/or out of warehouse locations, load/unload trailers, move product throughout the facility with powered industrial equipment and perform inventory counts as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of related warehouse and/or powered industrial lift experience required
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high traffic areas
- The ability to input data into various WMS computer systems
- Work overtime as assigned
- Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS) order instructions
- Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions adversely affect the customer
- Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process and take appropriate action when discovered
- Pull orders accurately as assigned
- Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of pallets picked as well as stage location
- Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process
- Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures
- Performs housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-IL-Morris
Posted Date 2 months ago (6/8/2021 10:32 AM)
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 5250
Apply on company website