You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Portfolio Specialist is an integral part of the Ryder real estate services team. Primary responsibilities include accounting, reporting, problem solving, legal research, and support services associated with the Real Estate Portfolio. Accuracy and attention to detail are important in supporting the real estate team and the portfolio. Improve and monitor all internal real estate admin and financial processes. Assist with department accounting and budgeting functions. Prepare reports to assist in real estate decision making. Prepare monthly rent run export. Process all construction invoices through Ryder payment systems. Coordinate closing documents for acquisitions and dispositions. Audit lease abstracts to ensure accuracy of data. Perform all annual pass through reconciliations. Prepare Ryder tenant rent roll and coordinate collection efforts. Coordinate and prepare all parking related leases. Assist in the management and evaluation of the leases in the assigned portfolio working in conjunction with RE Portfolio Managers.
- Monitor and execute lease renewals to minimize Real Estate risk.
- Audit leases and market conditions to review and recommend next steps for the given market strategy. Evaluate financial components of the renewal and compare to available market opportunities.
- Create real estate related financial reports to assist in decision making.
- Research, update and maintain portfolio records in Real Estate database including Certificate of Insurance (COI). Audit lease abstracts to ensure accuracy of data
- Review all legal documents associated with the given portfolio with legal and environmental.
- Coordinate move in/move out with operators and verify Tenant Improvements. Complete annual pass through reconciliations. Act as property manager for Ryder tenants.
- Prepare monthly rent run and process invoices through Ryder payment systems.
- Provide reporting to portfolio managers and stakeholder departments.
- Prepare signature packages and outline all financial terms. Abstract the lease in the Corporate Real Estate (CRE) database.
- Comply with Request for Capital Expenditure (RCE) and Sarbanes Oxley rules.
- Manage/Analyze the leases in the given portfolio in order to mitigate Ryder's risk in the given market
- Work in conjunction with the Portfolio Manager to recommend the best solutions given the business strategy for the market
- Continually review analyze and evaluate the leases and other legal documents for the portfolio
- Portfolio Specialist will also prepare signature packages and the financial terms that will need to be abstracted from the lease
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Understand computer hardware and software, especially Costar real estate manager, Costar research tool, word, excel, and outlook
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required real estate, business, finance or related field
- Three (3) years or more experience in commercial real estate, legal, or transaction administration, required
Real Estate & Construction
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website