$500 Sign-On Bonus!!
($250 at 30 days & $250 at 90 days!)
Our team is growing!
Ryder is hiring a1st Shift Storeroom Attendantin Atlanta GA/Floater Position
Call or Text "ATL" to Kim at930-215-3700 for more info and Interview!
The purpose of this position is to accurately manage storeroom supplies for our customer. The job consists of ordering and stocking supplies, unloading trailers, and moving product around the outside yard with the use of a forklift. The job also entails the use of computer applications to receive, order, and distribute product.
About the position:
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 6am to 2:30pm
- Inventory experience preferred - willing to train!
- Forklift experience preferred but will train.
- Previous warehouse experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be able to pass a MVR
- High school diploma or equivalent which includes:
- Ability to read and do basic mathematics
- Understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Strong technical aptitude which includes the following:
- Ability to use programs such as Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to use scanners
- Ability to enter orders into a WMS System
- Must be comfortable using a computer (Outlook, Word & Excel specifically)
- Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs unassisted
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain outstanding relationships with all levels of the organization (peers, work-groups, customer, supervisors)
- Experience with the use of forklifts and pallet jacks
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and be accountable
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a clean and organized work area
- May need to work overtime as assigned
- Must be able to work both indoors and outside
- Must have a personal vehicle and travel within the area approximately 25%-50% of the day
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must maintain a professional appearance and wear provided personal protection equipment such as above the ankle steel toed shoes
- Other requirements:
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, drug test and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report)
- The customer on this account requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated, with exceptions only as required by law. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an individual has been “fully vaccinated” two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series (such as Pfizer, Moderna, or Oxford-AstraZeneca), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson). The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine has not been approved for use in the United States, but it has been approved for use in other countries.
Ryder values our Employees and their Referrals.
Receive a$1,500 Referral Bonusfor every referral who starts.
- Stability, paid training and growth opportunities
- Safe equipment, supportive managers and respect for our employees
- Comprehensive benefit package - Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 401k & Stock Purchase Plan. Benefits start 30 days after hire!
- PTO accrual starts on day one
- Employee Discounts that save you money on Tools, Cars, Hotels, Electronics/Appliances, Cell Phones, Travel, and much more
- Forbes' 2021 list of the “America's Best Employers for Diversity” and "America's Best Employers for Veterans"
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of related warehouse and/or powered industrial lift experience required
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high traffic areas
- The ability to input data into various WMS computer systems
- Work overtime as assigned
- Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS) order instructions
- Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions adversely affect the customer
- Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process and take appropriate action when discovered
- Pull orders accurately as assigned
- Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of pallets picked as well as stage location
- Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining product accountability throughout the logistical process
- Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and Security policies and procedures
- Performs housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-GA-ATLANTA
Posted Date 1 month ago (5/17/2022 4:21 PM)
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 5250
Apply on company website