SAIC is seeking a candidate to support United States Northern Command (NORTHCOM) and NORAD, as Team Lead and Chief Scientist for the Land Domain Mission area. The successful candidate will work closely with the Program Manager and other Team leads responsible for the Air Defense and Missiles, Sea, Space and Artic Systems. Utilization of Model Based Systems Engineering and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with a focus on survivability, interoperability, reliability, cybersecurity, maintenance, and maintenance upgrades will be a key focus area. The successful candidate will lead part of the SAIC team, incorporating agile like processes, operations methodologies and best practices through repeatable approaches to enhance capabilities assessments and modeling systems in a cost-effective way. This approach will be used to explore and document requirements, system characteristics and capabilities to address reliability, maintainability, quality, supportability, interoperability, and both organizational and technical requirements.
The candidate for this position leads a team and provides technical analysis and capabilities solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors through imaginative, thorough, and practicable solutions, consistent with organization objectives.
Chief Scientist III: Team Lead for the segment of the SAIC Team responsible for the Land Defense Domain. Responsible for verification and validation, testing, quality assurance, and/or process improvement. Reviews and evaluates products or processes. Provides engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements. Makes recommendations and advises on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts. Performs risk assessments and analysis employing modeling and simulation techniques. Will use Agile techniques to help define our MBSE deployment, to provide N&NC with a next generation immersive/virtual environment for air & missile defense systems RDT&E which include research, analysis, assessment, M&S, and innovative solution delivery. The candidate will:
Responsible for verification and validation, testing, quality assurance, and/or process improvement. Reviews and evaluates products or processes.
- Leads the transformation and modernization of Land defense systems.
- Ensures effective and efficient integration across software, and systems data. May provide organizational or business knowledge of systems and devices; development and understanding of workflows, goals, and/or architecture; participation in the design of interfaces, technology-enabled workflows, and analyses. Skills may include Enterprise Architecture (e.g., FEAF, DoDAF, TOGAF, Zachman), IT Enterprise Architecture, system integration and standards and serving as Chief Architect.
- Provides analyzes of system and enterprise level Reliability, Maintainability, Quality, Supportability, and Interoperability capabilities.
- Applies United States Northern Command (NORTHCOM) and NORAD Air, Land, Sea and Space Systems Technical Expertise and Information Assurance current and future capabilities to integrate into systems requirements.
- Possesses knowledge of the Air & Missile Defense, Land, Sea and Space Domains
- Helps develop use-case development, CONOPS facilitation and oversees requirements of testing activities of effectiveness measures.
- Provides expertise and experience on the Northern Command (NORTHCOM) and NORAD mission, Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), DOTMLPF, systems analysis, and agile development. The ability to lead business requirement workshops, interviews, questionnaires and surveys, and ensures identification, collection, prioritization, management, and monitoring of requirements throughout the program life-cycle.
- Supports the Missile Warning family of software design and requirements generation process.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and sixteen (16) years or more experience; Masters and fourteen (14) years or more experience; PhD or JD and twelve years or more experience.
Active TS/SCI security clearance
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website