SAIC is seeking a Cloud Engineer to support the FENCES program office and SAP CIO Office in architecting and engineering supported cloud environments. The Cloud Engineer will support customer Virtual Private Cloud projects with architecting, costing, troubleshooting, and maintenance, as well as, research and engineering in the development of new technologies and deployment of new capabilities to the cloud using Ansible and AWS CLI. From on-boarding to deployment, the Cloud Engineer will deliver best-in-class technologies, best practices, and white glove supported unit/client support.
Job duties include:
- Work as an embedded technologist that provides direct on-site support to customers and spans cloud architecture and operations activities.
- Engage with customers of a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) service environment to assess, document, and elaborate their business requirements. Help design cloud architecture and application support for those customer requirements and make recommendations based on both business analysis and technical acumen. Build out Architecture and cost for environments in AWS. Script, configure, and deploy IaC .YAML and automate through Ansible for the customer VPCs.
- Help design, troubleshoot, and manage cloud platform virtual infrastructure and services. Coordinate with other members of the DevSecOps team to identify and implement solutions and recommend infrastructure-as-code design enhancements.
- Support solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, helping with development, test, and deployment, and providing O&M and troubleshooting support.
- Take ownership of customer compute and store payment. Help strategize on the end to end funding and contracting of customer and supported unit workloads.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and nine (9) years of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years of related experience.
- Experience with Cloud computing, AWS, Ansible automation in AWS, .yaml IaC, Security+, full 8570 compliance, Architecting and costing in AWS/Azure.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Software development, network engineering, program management.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website