DescriptionJoin SAIC's data science team to assist a federal agency support trade, contribute to American economic prosperity and protect public health and safety with data analysis and modeling to build and maintain models to support business cases. This office supports the identification of capability gaps and operational requirements, acquisition and investment planning oversight, and staying in touch with new and emerging technology critical for executing and advancing the trade mission. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Data Architect applies programming and/or engineering disciplines for planning, design, analysis, and specification development for systems and databases to support the end user analysis process.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Evaluates and recommends computer systems architecture in an organization.
- Develops sufficient understanding of the organization's current architecture, future IT plans, corporate standards, and emerging trends to recommend hardware and software infrastructure.
- Responsible for, or assists in the recommendations of platform, end user Business Intelligence tools, design, quality assurance standards, and performance standards.
- Defines physical and cloud-based units and data structures based on models to satisfy the requirements.
- Provides expertise in the areas of system architecture, system design and systems management processes.
- Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery.
- Builds data models and defines the structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements.
- May evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
- Key member of a data science project team supporting analytic development.
QualificationsRequirements: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related technical discipline. A Master's degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience. A PhD may be substituted for up to five (5) years of experience.
- Eight (8) years relevant experience in applied data science research or big data analytics.
- Ability to perform functional and data requirements analysis, and implementation of data architecture projects, analyze customer requirements and provide solution recommendations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of information architecture methodologies.
- Ability to support the development of organization-wide data architecture for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database systems.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory CBP Background Investigation, Secret or higher clearance may be required in the future.
- 10% Travel may be required
Apply on company website