SAIC seeking a Data Scientist to perform data analysis & exploration of large amounts of telematics data. You will work closely with our team and stakeholders to understand use cases and requirements, then leverage appropriate tools and resources to achieve desired customer deliverables. You will explore data from various sources, discover patterns, and develop algorithms and technical methods to provide value to our customers' mission.
Job Duties Include:
Perform analysis of large datasets both in the cloud and on premise.
- Develop algorithms to elicit desired understanding of data, including descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive data analysis.
- Understand and execute technical activities in accordance with policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific customer requirements.
- Research and develop computer science methods and algorithms to process, manipulate, and refine large amounts of data.
- Provide recommendations on additional datasets to be incorporated to support the mission.
- Perform simple and complex queries and analyses in SQL, Python, and other programming languages to quickly uncover answers to customer questions.
- Contribute effectively to quick-turnaround tasks and data analysis as well as long-term software development efforts.
- Assist in planning and development of visualizations and analytic aggregations to best portray discovered insights, optimizing utility to the customer.
- Work with other software developers to build and maintain a data pipeline, from ingest of high volume streaming data to execution of complex analyses and appropriate visualization of results.
- Provide input and expertise into software development given the needs and requirements of data analysis processes, tools, and algorithms.
- Create and deliver presentations and papers with results of data analysis.
- US Citizen, capable of obtaining a security clearance
- CONUS travel may be required ~5 % of time.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Data Science or a related technical field.
- Bachelors degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other related technical field. Additional technical experience considered in lieu of advanced degree.
- Extensive experience programming in Python and SQL.
- Experience programming in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, including writing advanced queries.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Working knowledge of common data science techniques and algorithms for classification, clustering, and regression.
- Experience designing and producing visualizations to convey data analysis insights.
- Demonstrated experience manipulating and extracting insights from datasets across multiple use cases, data types, and file structures.
- Strong creative technical problem-solving, with the ability to design and execute solutions to real-world problems.
- Familiarity with mathematical and statistical foundations to supervised and unsupervised data science algorithms.
- Attention to detail coupled with effective analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Ability to shift between multiple projects, including quick-turnaround tasks and longer-term projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and present information to customers and partners in a format they can understand.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working in a team environment; ability to comfortably and professionally interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Active Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Masters degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other related technical field.
Expertise in scripting languages commonly used for data analysis and programming: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Experience handling, processing, filtering, and analyzing high-volume streaming data.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts to extract insights from data, including the ability to create custom algorithms for classification, clustering, and regression.
- Experience in Data Engineering with a wide array of cloud tools
- Working knowledge of best practices for cloud, network, and data security.
Apply on company website