SAIC is seeking an experienced, results–oriented, mission-driven Data Scientist located at USCENTCOM Headquarters in Tampa, FL. We are looking for a talented, innovative, and experienced individual to support the effort to increase the speed of data delivery in the support of national security objectives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding executing data-centric transformations. This is high visibility program, and we are seeking a results-oriented self-starter.
As a Data Scientist, provide timely Data Management support by working closely with other Data Scientists, integrating tools and data sources into processes, incorporating automation wherever possible, as well as fault tolerance and data integrity validation to provide more efficient and effective access and exploitation of data. We are seeking to hire someone with a passion for programming in support of Data Science. You will help develop, update, and maintain tools for data discovery and advanced analytics, production databases leveraging a variety of disparate data sources, and visualizations and dashboards for subject-specific data of interest. In this position you will be recognized for what you develop and your impact on the teams you support. You will expand your knowledge and skills across multiple programming languages and software packages.
The role requires a driven individual who will stay current and experiment with state-of-the art Data Science and AI/ML technologies, ability and need to understand and support pathfinder mission to mature a data management policy. Initial efforts will involve pursuing authoritative data sources and setting up data pipelines into tools and data analytic environment.
- Works in teams with data at all stages of the data lifecycle to derive actionable insight
- Translate mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results
- Use data visualization software and tools to transform data into easy-to-understand insights
- Share data insights with data stakeholders to help identify trends or make decisions
- Create and use analytics tools to develop insights or find patterns within the data
- Identify the correct data sets to use for projects
- Gather and convert data into a standardized formats and prepare it for analysis
- Implement processes to clean and validate data as needed
- Identify relationships and patterns in data sets to help make predictions or support decisions
- Determine and help resolve data analytics issues
- Advise management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
- Make recommendations for the acquisition of appropriate tools to support data science
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to attain a TS/SCI (U.S. Citizenship required).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify opportunities for AI integration and develop/deploy AI solutions.
- Experience using Advana's toolset (Databricks, Qlik, Gamechanger, etc.) or Advana itself is a bonus
- Experience with Maven Smart Systems or Palantir Foundry.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with big data, including processes for exploratory data analysis, information discovery, machine learning, and advanced analytic algorithms
- Experience working with relational databases, including writing complex queries
- Experience creating data visualizations or dashboards using aggregate data sources
- Experience with programming languages (Python, C++, R) and data analysis libraries
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools/libraries
- Experience using cloud technology and computing tools to gather, store, process, analyze data
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website