SAIC PCB seeking experienced Crane Operators to work for Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Panama City Division (PCD) in Panama City Beach, Florida.
This is an opportunity for qualified individuals with a strong work ethic to demonstrate their ability to operate mechanical equipment to move product or materials to or from other buildings, or to load and unload trucks. Must be able to operator a class 3 forklift to load and unload trucks or move material to or from other locations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicates with NSWC PCD and SAIC management
- Inspects crane for unsafe conditions, completion of required records, and communication of unsafe conditions.
- Inspects lashing and wire rope to assure safe operation.
- Levels the crane prior to use.
- Shuts down and secures the crane properly when leaving it unattended. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and associate may also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor and other management as required. Mandatory
- Operate a forklift to load and unload trucks or move items from building using proper techniques
Bachelor's degree and 0 years experience or High School Diploma or GED and 4+ years experience.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit with alternate standing. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to outside weather conditions or a covered warehouse environment
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the operation of cranes.
- Ability to read and comprehend standard instructions, short correspondence, and memos, including, safety, instructional and procedural manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in conjunction with other team members and supervisions
- Understands and correctly uses the machines load chart.
- Reacts to changes in conditions that affect the safe operation of the crane.
- Able to pick, carry, swing and place a load smoothly and safely
- Must have valid driver's license and Department of Transportation(DOT) physical
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a full Secret clearance.
Apply on company website