SAIC is seeking a Hypersonics Risk Manager to support the Navy Hypersonic Program Office in Washington D.C.
Note: This is a flexwork/remote/work from home position with a preferred home of record near Washington D.C. This position requires up to 25% travel.
The candidate will work collaboratively with customer leaders, various working groups, systems engineering team members, mission stakeholders, national labs, and industry to address program risks and opportunities. The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward leaning self-starter with exceptional judgment to interface with stakeholders at all levels as well as with industry partners.
- Apply risk management best practices to develop a framework for managing risk analysis for all customer program activities.
- Support updates to the Risk Management Plan.
- Help lead the analysis, collaboration, coordination and de-confliction of risk for the program
- Maintain insight into the risk functions of partner organizations
- Prepare Risk Review Board materials and participate in Prime and Prime subcontractor risk review board meetings to address contractor-level risks.
- Help lead Risk Advisory Board meetings, and generate associated meeting minutes and action items.
- Prepare risks for annual budget reviews.
- Maintain risk register
- Maintain cognizance of technical developments within the program
- Provide technical depth to Technical Exchange Meetings and Quarterly Program Reviews and make recommendations on future courses of action
- Support technical studies and systems engineering activities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years of System Engineering experience OR Masters and twelve (12) years or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in Risk management.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must currently hold an active Secret Clearance to be considered. This position will require the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- DoD Missile Defense, Hypersonic, or UAV program experience.
- Prior US Navy or Strategic Systems Program (SSP) experience (desired)
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and risk analysis to operational systems
- Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible requirements with the judgment to know when to initiate needed corrective actions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics and information with technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment to know how to navigate and resolve challenging situations
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an ability to document
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website