SAIC is seeking Systems Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
The Advanced Technology Microwave Sounder (ATMS) is a key weather instrument that collects microwave radiation (23GHz to 183GHz) used to characterize the Earth's atmosphere.
- System Engineer supporting ATMS NASA team to provide oversight of the ATMS flight instrument in all aspects of manufacturing, integration, and test
- System Engineer reporting to the ATMS Chief Engineer and ATMS Instrument Systems Engineer
System Engineering skills including requirements development and verification, technical document preparation and review is highly desired
Experience in Spaceflight qualified hardware manufacturing, integration & test is also highly desired.
Technical background in one or more of the following areas: RF, microwave, antennas, digital signal processing, electronics, EMI/EMC
- Team player with proven organizational and verbal/written communication skills for consensus building and coordinating work across multiple areas
- Travel to the instrument vendor and satellite integrator sites may be required up to 50% per month, as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
-Bachelor's Degree or higher and 10+ years related experience
-Proficient using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
-Certifications in Six Sigma, LEAN, PMP, PMI is a plus
- Experience with writing Excel Macros to aid in report generation
- Familiar with Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with DOORS markup for requirement change
Apply on company website