You will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. The position will be supporting the various border security efforts of CBP and may include: RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies. Come and join our team so you too can contribute in making our borders even safer than they are today.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in a technical field of study is required with a minimum of 9 years of experience (or masters equivalent).
- Defines discrete systems with processes to link together complex systems and components with software applications to perform as a coordinated whole. Has a broad range of skills and a breadth of knowledge in several IT disciplines including systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols, and general problem solving skills.
- May include analysis of transition planning, intelligence formation requirements, and may develop architecture baselines.
- Assists with and leads development of integration and migration plans/schedules.
Acts as an advocate for internal and external clients as the ultimate authority on the architecture design to address client business problems. Supports business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, and fiscal requirements.
SCOPE: Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Bachelors and 8+ years of relevant experience, Masters and 6+ years of experience, may consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have 4 years of direct System Integration experience.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Experience managing subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Experience managing people is required
- Experience / knowledge on how to build out a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience / knowledge on how to build out DevOps
- Ability to lead one or more teams / projects.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Ability to establish operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units.
- Ability to interprets company-wide policies and procedures.
- Ability to be involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Ability to be objective / metric oriented.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes.
- Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
Soft Skills/Other Requirements:
· Must have excellent technical and management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
· Proactive approach to problem solving
· Delivery mindset
· PMP Certification is a plus, or ability to achieve
· Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a CBP Public Trust.
Apply on company website