SAIC is looking for an experienced Java developer to join our team. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team on a large-scale remote sensing software development effort utilizing Agile at scale. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded developer with both front and back-end experience. The team embraces pair programming and swarming. Primary duties will include writing back-end processing components in Java to support our customer's mission using: React, Java EE, Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field and 5 years or more experience OR 9 years or more of related experience in lieu of degree
- At least 5 years of software development experience using Java
- Experience deploying and supporting operational applications
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills
- Interest in working on an Agile team
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance (not required to start)
- Development experience with RESTful web services written in Java
- Experience with JPA and Hibernate
- Experience with Kafka and/or other pub/sub IPC technologies.
- Experience writing and optimizing Postgres queries.
- Experience with reactive architectures.
- Experience with Git, Maven, and Gradle
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with CI/CD via Gitlab CI
- Experience with automated testing of both Java code (e.g. JUnit) and user interfaces
- Existing DOE L or Q or DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
Apply on company website