SAIC is seeking a JAVA Software Engineer with STK (Satellite Tool Kit) experience on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Ground program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Lanham, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
This is a software engineering position that will be focused on the implementation of a scheduling tool for the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment. It will deconflict the satellite schedule requests for the National Polar Partnership (NPP), Global Change Observation Mission (GCOM), Joint Polar Satellite System 1 (JPSS-1) and JPSS-2 satellites.
The candidate must have a strong technical base in the following areas:
- Designs application software
- Assists team in the effort to develop, document, test and debugs application software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Ensures NASA software standards are met
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors' Degree and 5+ years' experience
- Experience developing and designing JAVA based solutions
- Experience with satellite operations / ground system development
- Experience with either Agile or Waterfall development
- Experience working with Satellite Tool Kit (STK)
Apply on company website