SAIC has an opening for a Lab Systems Engineer located in Springfield, VA.Position Description:
The Vanguard 221 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current Secret security clearance is required for consideration and must be clearable to Top Secret.
The candidate will be responsible for creating technical specifications for bulk purchased hardware, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of selected hardware, lab configuration, and lab management. The candidate will research and evaluate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner.
The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department's equipment modernization program. Although the candidate will not have supervisory responsibilities, the assigned individual must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both in writing and orally, and present products and ideas in a professional manner.
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization Lab Team at the DOS Information Resources Management bureau.
- Research and create hardware specifications (server, switch, storage, desktop, thin client, printer, etc.) for inclusion in DOS Bulk Purchasing Agreements.
- Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure selected products meet established specifications.
- Integrate, configure and support lab IT systems.
- Support the implementation of VMware hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple lab environments.
- Participate in functional or UAT testing to ensure final product meets intent of the customer's needs.
- Bachelors with 4-5 years experience. Additional experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Secret clearance with ability to upgrade to TS.
- General knowledge of IT environments and systems.
- Testing procedures and test documentation creation.
- Attention to detail.
- Good writing and verbal skills.
- Networking certifications at CISCO professional level.
- VMware Certified professional 5.0 or higher.
- Experience with enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, etc.)
- Familiarity with DOS environment (data and voice networks, IT systems, policies and procedures).
- Knowledge or Training on blade compute platforms from CISCO or HP.
- Knowledge or Training on Backup software (i.e. Avamar / CommVault).
- Strong scripting skills
- MCSE Certification.
- ITIL v3.0 Foundations certificate.
Clearance Requirement: Secret (Active), clearable to TOP SECRET
Apply on company website