SAIC is seeking a Laser Engineer who understands satellite laser ranging and the potential impact of laser technologies on satellite operations, safety of flight, and satellite subsystems.
- Work on the research, development, and design of free-space optical subsystem(s) for various lidar sensors including: collimation optics, circulation optics, beam steering, detection, link budgets, and processing.
- Apply optics and photonics knowledge to optical or laser system trades and component development, including design, analysis, and validation.
- Modeling and simulation of optical systems, adaptive optics, wavefront sensing, and/or lasers
- Validation of optical design(s) and assemblies
- BS degree in Laser/Optical Technology or related field, or equivalent experience in Laser or Optical Technology.
- 5 or more years' experience working with open beam CW or pulsed lasers in a research & development or laboratory setting
- Experience using ZEMAX, MATLAB, MODTRAN
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI and pass a poly
Apply on company website