SAIC is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Engineer for an exciting and innovative complex space and ground effort. The successful candidate must possess demonstrated system engineering and integration skills to bring major space systems and associated ground elements from concept to an operational enterprise. This role provides technical expertise applied across the System development life cycle from concept design through mission utility assessment.
The Modeling and Simulation Engineer plans and executes modeling and simulation systems development projects, possesses and applies knowledge about simulation methods and tools for analysis of complex systems and designs and develops simulation systems and modeling of simulation objects leveraging industry standard tools and/or programming languages. Duties may include performing analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems; performing analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues; reviewing plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel.
The position is collocated with the customer and requires the ability to build customer relationships and provide technical advice and assistance.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Develop modeling and simulation tools and/or use industry tools to assist with analysis of complex, technical problems relating to a wide variety of spacecraft and systems
• Work side-by-side with existing subject matter experts in orbital mechanics, spacecraft design, sensors, optics, communications, and/or modeling and simulation
• Work with the customer to explore new missions, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), and architectures to solve some of the hardest intelligence problems facing the nation
• Develop algorithms to perform analysis and produce much-needed data products
• Maintain and improve large scale simulations to support multiple missions
• Integrate existing models from mission partners into simulations
• Model dynamic system behaviors
• Evaluate complex results and determine engineering recommendations based on analysis
• Quickly translate user needs into effective software solutions
• Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required
Education Requirements: Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience
• Current TS/SCI with CI Poly
Required experience and qualifications:
• Demonstrated performance working in a high visibility position that requires self-motivation; strong technical and leadership background
• Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for interactions with military and government civilian personnel
• Experience modeling and simulating complex systems
• Experience using modeling languages and tools such as C, Python, IDL/ENVI, R, SQL, PostgreSQL, DIRSIG, Linux, TCL/Tk, MATLAB, VB, and/or STK,
• DoD and NRO Space experience
• Strong background and experience with Digital engineering, developing architectures using digital modeling and simulations of space and ground architectures
Familiarity with NGA and DoD data types and applications for processing and exploitation
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Apply on company website