This is an Applications Developer position for the network monitoring and management tools engineering team within the Vanguard Network Engineering and Design (NED) engineering office. This group provides various network management systems for DoS enterprise network.
The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network monitoring and management systems, network security, and network performance systems. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the implementation, configuration, and testing. The candidate will also provide evaluation of these systems and recommendations as to the best fit to meet the DoS enterprise network requirements. This work requires knowledge of network device communication protocols and will work closely with network engineering and operations teams. Prior experience with the engineering, implementation, and configuration of RedSeal products is highly desirable.
The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting the network management systems. The candidate must be able to work closely with the network engineering team to complete the DoS network management mission. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
The position may temporarily allow a rotation of remote & onsite work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
- Works directly with the customer to build, design, test and deploy network management systems for monitoring and management of a network comprised of Cisco routers/switches and Microsoft servers and workstations.
- Develop and deploy engineering solutions in compliance with Enterprise Network Standards Working Group architecture standards.
- Collaborate with technical SMEs on deployment participate in technical working groups and contribute to technical advisory boards.
- Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
- Implementation of configuration changes.
- Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
This is a contingent role and a start date has not been identified. Correspondence regarding this role may be delayed.
Required Educatin & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- 5+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Experience implementing network management solutions in large enterprise/global networks.
- Solid understanding of end user security and authentication
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Experience working directly with Government customer.
- Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
- Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance to start work with the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Hands-on experience with network management, security, and monitoring tools i.e., HP Network Automation, Micro Focus Network Automation, Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA, Red Seal, NetBrain, Cisco ISE, Niksun, LiveAction.
- Analysis of network flows and OSI model
- Scripting experience (Pearl, Bash, etc.)
- VMWare experience
- Experience with Cisco tools and network products
- Cisco associate level certification
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services
- Experience leading a small team (3-5) of engineers.
Apply on company website