SAIC is looking for an Operations Engineering Architect; this position is a contingent position in Washington DC. The Operations Engineering Architect leads technology teams through the complex process of evaluations, development, deployment, and operational support. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in IT service delivery; network design; performance management; risk management capacity planning; operations support; application development, integration, and deployment; program management, information security; policy and strategic planning; applications software systems; Linux; disaster recovery; and system integration. Directs team in the integration of COTS software to include design, testing, risk mitigation, implementation planning, and operational handoff.
The OE team has responsibility for ensuring the security of the system including implementing development and delivery processes that eliminate cybersecurity vulnerabilities and other system defects. The OE team develops and implements proactive approaches to monitor, measure, and evaluate system performance and capacity metrics, and is responsible for the development and maintenance of Infrastructure as Code (IAC).
Will lead the Operations Engineering team's responsibilities that include:
- Lead requirements, analysis, engineering, and testing activities for all infrastructure changes including all administrative, management, monitoring, and security tools
- Provide Engineering services to develop baseline hardware and OS configurations and successfully integrate applications on the platforms.
- Evaluate new or updated COTS products, configurations, and customizations (including version upgrades and maintenance/security updates)
- Monitor end-of-life support for all COTS products and provide suitable replacement products.
- Lead the implementation and integration of custom and COTS solutions into the SF infrastructure
- Maintain security-related documentation (System Design, System Security Plan, policies, security alerts, etc.)
- Serve as the primary interface to the System Owner, Information Security Officer (ISSO), and other IT security staff regarding cybersecurity requirements, issues, and incidents
- Provide recommendations, plans, status escalation, and management of security risks/issues.
- Evaluate and verifying security scanning results, determining vulnerabilities, executing remediation approaches, tracking progress, and reporting status of pre-production security findings in custom code and/or COTS products
- Proactively identify, investigate, analyze, and evaluate potential security threats against planned and existing technology
- Recommend improvements to security controls and security processes
- Lead and/or support planned and unplanned cybersecurity initiatives and projects including the remediation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Provide security scanning and vulnerability management/ and remediation for SDT of all code prior production release.
- Work with COTS product manufacturers to communicate and resolve identified issues, defects, and vulnerabilities
- Implement and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Provide Tier3 Support for COTS and Infrastructure.
- Act as primary liaison with O&M to understand and ensure operation fixes and or enhancements are included in the Program Backlog and properly prioritized for inclusion into the appropriate PI.
- Transition the operating engineering tasks of the Data Analytics Environment to OE support where appropriate.
- Act as SME answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members and other organization.
Minimum Bachelors in engineering or similar technical based degree and six (6) years or more engineering experience; preferably in a management role.
- Six (6) or more years leading IT security efforts to insure compliance with NIST guidelines, FIPS 140 cryptographic standards, DHS 4300.A policies, and other security standards required for DHS systems remediation.
- Must have IBM systems experience to include P series hardware, agency Legacy tools, middleware, DevOps and Operating systems.
- Must have experience as the engineering leader and technical expert.
- Must have leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- Conduct various technical reviews and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Prior experience with DHS or TSA is greatly preferred.
Apply on company website