Come be a part of the SAIC team in Fort Meade MD, where we help address the nation's most pressing and complex challenges. SAIC works with our customers on missions that strengthen security and safety and protect the basic values of our society. We have an opening for a motivated, dedicated and energetic Principal Acquisition Professional to support a recently awarded program supporting the Intelligence Community.
The Acquisition Professional will Draft pre-solicitation documents that reflect the Government's requirements while adhering to all applicable NSA policies and federal regulations. Draft acquisition strategy documents and assist the Government in implementing the strategies. Advise in the interpretation and tailoring of DoD/IC/NSA acquisition regulations/memorandums. Ensure affordable, supportable and effective systems are delivered to the customer. Provide assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management. Specific tasks include:
- Support Government Program Managers Minimum Acquisition Requirements,
- Coordinate and schedule pre-acquisition meetings, to include Integrated Planning Teams (IPTs),
- Conduct market research and document findings,
- Draft market surveys and analyze results,
- Draft Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) justifications for other than full and open competition,
- Write requirements documents to include Statements of Work (SOWs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Technical Task Orders (Completion and LOE), Labor Categories, and Performance Work Statements (PWS),
- Assist the Government in documenting, and implementing contract/acquisition strategies including preparation of briefing slides,
- Write Award Fee Plans documenting the Government's strategies to incentivize performance,
- Assist the Government in providing oversight and compliance review of acquisition documentation at all levels of preparation, and
- Assist the Government in developing Major System Acquisition program documentation and preparing for Milestone Decisions
- Fifteen (15) years of demonstrated combined experience in DoD/IC acquisition management, DoD/IC contracting, or DoD/IC contract management is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree with a business or technical focus is required.
- In lieu of a degree, DAWIA Level II in any focus area and an additional three (3) years of directly related experience for a total of eighteen (18) years may be substituted.
- In lieu of certification, an additional three (3) years of directly related experience for a total of twenty-one (21) years may be substituted.
- Minimum of five years' experience writing pre-solicitation documents in compliance with
NSA/CSS Policy 8-2, including annexes, or another DoD Agency's similarly guiding acquisition policy.
- Applicants MUST have a current/active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph.
- Experience in DoD source selection desired. Minimum of three years' experience guiding Major System Acquisition programs through the acquisition life cycle including preparation for multiple Milestone Decisions (Milestone Decisions A, B, C, IOC and/or FOC).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website