Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals who assist the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation space and ground systems for missile warning (MW) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials for global missile threats.
The Remote Sensing (SMC/RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in Colorado Springs, CO has an immediate need for an experienced Advanced Planning Master Scheduler. This position will support the Space Based Infrared Satellite (SBIRS), Next Generation Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR), Next Generation Polar and Environmental Monitoring (EM) ground and space systems. This position will require travel (both local and air) to support program needs, including supporting classified meetings.
The Advanced Planning Master Scheduler requires an understanding of program office processes, scheduling tools such as MS Project, and Sharepoint. This position requires an understanding of government satellite systems acquisitions and Systems Engineering expertise is critical to being successful in this role. The position requires an ability to gather data from multiple sources and from multiple customers across the program office and display it in a useful manner for the customer.
Specific duties include:
- Mine data sources for pertinent information to develop and maintain the program office master schedule.
- Populate data from multiple major system acquisitions into one scheduling database. Be able to post the results onto Sharepoint for full customer access.
- Provide analytical capabilities to identify resource conflicts and schedule challenges.
- Provide analytical capabilities to optimize efficiency to achieve program success.
- Identify critical program milestones and monitor through complete.
Support processes to track and report progress on the accomplishment of schedule events. Present master schedule data to program office leadership.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Baccalaureate degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and ten (10); Masters Degree and eight (8); PhD and five (5) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or Master's degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and six (6) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience
- Experience with MS Project
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Previous experience with various software tools
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel domestically
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Experience in NRO, IC, and DoD acquisition and program management processes
- Previous experience in the program office
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with Kadas Milestone Professional, OnePager Pro, Palisade @Risk
- Experience with Space and Missile Systems programs for Missile Warning and Environmental Monitoring
- Masters Degree in a Technical Field
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website