Join a winning team! SAIC's National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking Risk/Configuration Manager to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
The Risk/Configuration Manager provides support to the Systems Program Office (SPO) in acquisition and execution of mission critical systems. The Risk/Configuration Manager is part of a team of high-performing subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for planning, development and execution of new acquisitions, developing and executing ECPs, monitoring contract execution and providing technical analysis. This position is designed to provide an entry point for junior and mid-grade system engineers to gain exposure to space and ground acquisitions. Eager candidates seeking to expand their careers supporting other critical and complex tasks across the Program Office are encouraged to apply. The Risk/Configuration Manager responsibilities may include the following:
• Facilitate execution of the Government Program Office's configuration management and risk management processes
• Recommend updates to mature the Program Office's system engineering processes focusing on leveraging tools to reduce manpower intensive tasks
• Organize and coordinate the office's responses to technical requests for change
• Represent the Program Office's impacts at Engineering Review Boards (ERBs)
• Organize and coordinate risks, issues and opportunities
• Educate and assist Program Office engineers on CM and Risk processes
• Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Bachelor's Degree with industry experience, significant customer experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• 2 years of experience in System Engineering processes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint)
• Excellent communication skills (Email, IM, and Verbal)
• Resourceful, proactive self-starter and proven problem-solver
• Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
• Experience in other System Engineering areas (e.g., requirements management, readiness, and test)
• Experience using NRO system engineering tools and processes
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Apply on company website