SAIC is seeking a Senior Electrical Integration and Test Engineeron the OMES II contract in support of the On-Orbit Servicing Assembly and Manufacturing OSAM-1 program NASA's Exploration and In-Space Services Projects Division at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). This position is located in Greenbelt, MD, but temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
OSAM-1 is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the OSAM-1 Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the OSAM-1 Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The engineer will support electrical integration across all testbeds and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) as a member of the OSAM-1 I&T team. The OSAM-1 I&T subsystem performs the integration and test of all OSAM-1 hardware including the servicing payload and spacecraft bus.
Job duties include:
- Contribute to the electrical design, test, and integration of hardware to multiple testbeds.
- Responsible for developing, designing, documenting, releasing, and testing of testbed hardware requirements within the program's schedule, budget, and technical requirements.
- Work with subsystem leads and responsible engineers to identify hardware requirements on the various subsystems and make recommendations for hardware needs within the subsystems and at the mission system level.
- Manage conceptual design, trade studies, drawing generation, documentation release, and testing requirements.
- Responsible for hardware through the full product life cycle (design, fabrication, debug, integration, test and maintenance support).
- Interpret detailed component performance specification and Interface Control Drawings (ICD), including assembly manufacturing drawings, parts lists, cable design, and engineering change support.
- Develop parts lists (connector selection, wire gauge sizing, harness assembly drawings, etc.).
- Incorporate engineering change notices and feedback into the iterative processes for design changes.
- Coordinate manufacturing of hardware and harnesses with onsite fabrication resources and offsite vendors.
This position is Sign-On Bonus eligible.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field with 14+ years of related experience
- Experience with hardware integration and test, system verification and validation, and systems engineering, preferably at NASA or in aerospace
- Experience in testing and writing automated tests, test development, managing test runs, tracking test results, troubleshooting, and measuring progress
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems using various types of test equipment
- Experience in executing tests, including functional testing (front-end, back-end, and performance testing)
- Experienced at authoring and maintaining project documentation
- Strong proficiency in resolving technical and schedule issues in order to ensure that deliverables are met on schedule
- Proficiency in advising management, inside and outside own organization, on system architecture, technical results, or risks
- Ability to obtain/maintain NASA Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification (GSFC-SH-ESDCO300 300-PG-8730.6.1A*). English proficiency is required to successfully complete the required training and pass testing (written and/or hands-on) to obtain the certification
- Ability to obtain/maintain NASA Mate/De-mate Certification. English proficiency is required to successfully complete the required training and pass testing (written and/or hands-on) to obtain the certification
- OrCAD, AutoCAD, PSpice, Labview, and Visio software experience
- Ability to assess design requirements to generate a design and documentation using standard industry tools/programs
- Familiar with design of electrical interconnects for spacecraft
- Demonstrated ability to develop requirements, design documents and test plans that comply to higher-level specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of the applicable engineering and manufacturing knowledge required for product design and testing. Exercises engineering judgment in developing appropriate decisions considering decision criteria, implications, and possible consequences, to ensure product design integrity
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables
- Must have experience working with program requirements, equipment performance specs, wire connection lists, schematics, wire gauge sizing, connector selection and related cabling , harnessing documentation, and grounding schemes
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical design
- Familiarity with MIL standards and requirements, NASA standards and requirements, AS9100 or ISO 9001
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing-project planning, scheduling, resource management, materials ordering, inventory management, and quality functions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must be capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple systems
- Must be well organized and possess excellent communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritize work effort and quickly respond to issues and questions
- Ability to attend to assignments with only limited direction
- Experience with NASA mission life cycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements reviews, integration reviews, trade studies, etc.)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Apply on company website