SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center in Chantilly, VA, Houston, TX or in Huntsville, AL. Position offers remote work but must go into the local office as needed.
The Senior Proposal Manager will manage proposal efforts and work closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kickoff meeting, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production.
- Develop and maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity, including kickoff materials, master outline, compliance matrix, schedule, writing instructions, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
- Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Establish and enforce the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of proposal team members.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicate them to the team. Revise the schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Provide and solicit daily updates on proposal progress via the daily stand-up. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution and strategy sessions with the capture manager, lead solution architect, writers, and subject matter experts. Capture, document, and communicate customer hot buttons, win themes, our solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Review and analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes. Provide writers with feedback as necessary to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Collaborate across proposal stakeholders, including the capture manager, subject matter experts, writers, production team members, and leadership. Remove barriers for proposal team members; escalate needs and issues for timely resolution.
- Work with the color review chair to convene color teams and prepare the color team package. Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to guiding implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking all sections for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle and before delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
- US citizen with ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- 10 to 15 years of demonstrated experience managing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Experience managing large, complex, and highly technical proposals with many stakeholders, and multiple interrelated plans dealing with technical, management, staffing, pricing, quality, and past performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and successfully under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage on site/in-person and off site/largely remote proposals
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of management
- Experience managing proposals for the Civil Space (NASA/NOAA), Defense Space or the National Intelligence Community.
- Experience managing proposals with technical content in areas such as satellites, space missions, ground systems, climate and weather, information technology, systems integration, and digital engineering.
- Experience with FEDSIM acquisition, including orals development and coordination
- Familiarity with proposal collaboration tools
Apply on company website