SAIC is seeking experienced and highly motivated engineers to join our team of rocket scientists.
This position will be located at San Bernardino, CA. Commit your years of experience to a future of excellence as you help shape the future of the United States ICBM. The Minuteman III weapon system was first fielded in 1962, and has been upgraded in various stages over the life of the program to maintain system capability. SAIC is responsible for the Force Development Evaluation (FDE) of the current Minuteman III, and provides analysis capabilities to the Air Force to ensure that all system accuracy performance requirements are achieved.
SAIC provides engineering support (Advisory & Assistance services) as part of a multi-command, multi-contractor team. SAIC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to perform guidance, navigation, and control for a variety of interesting rocket programs. Don't miss this great opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging development and sustainment efforts in the Department of Defense (DoD). Position and pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities (including some or all of the following):
· Perform post flight verification of simulation predictions
· Update, maintain, and improve accuracy guidance models
· Perform analyses of launch vehicles to ensure mission requirements are met
· Autopilot linear stability analysis
· Non-linear six-degree-of-freedom (6DOF) simulation analysis
· Validation of 6DOF simulation models
· Review and verify system level and launch vehicle accuracy performance/requirements
· Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that predict pre-flight performance under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight conditions
· Update system and subsystem models based on designs, test results, and other data
· Review and support GNC team members working a variety of missions
· Support design changes, and delivery milestones as necessary
· Prepare presentations, reports, and other contract deliverables related to analyses performed
· Present results of analyses to internal staff members, and customer
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or applied mathematics or applied physics or related program and 5 years of related experience
· Current DoD Secret (or higher) Security Clearance
· Experience in at least three of the following: control systems engineering, dynamic six degree of freedom modeling and simulation, launch vehicle analysis, and/or navigation systems
· Experience in FORTRAN and/or C/C++ on Linux platforms
· Proficiency with MATLAB and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Must have demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with customer
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website