Shared Early Warning System (SEWS) Chief Engineer.
SAIC seeks a highly experienced and energetic Chief Engineer to support the US Air Force Life Cycle Management Center in performing operational maintenance and sustainment of the Shared Early Warning System (SEWS) program. The SEWS provides timely, specifically releasable, ballistic missile early warning data from U.S. missile warning systems to foreign partners and their cognizant United States Combatant Commands. In support of the government customer and the contractor Program Manager, the Chief Engineer is responsible leading the digital transition and management of the overall technical baseline and leading the multi-discipline team of mission, hardware and software engineering, sustainment, training, logistics, security and program support specialists responsible for overall system operational availability.
- 15 years in systems engineering, Model-based Systems Engineering and related areas, to include delivering solutions for national security, mission-critical applications
- 8 years of experience managing large-scale Agile or SecDevOps teams/projects, to include support to cost estimating, baseline and risk management, schedule development, performance monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency in translating operational requirements into system requirements; and system requirements into technical requirements/performance standards.
- Experience with configuration and data management, hardware and software test & evaluation of classified systems
- Experience with implementing and sustaining distributed systems, virtual operating system environments, and virtual/augmented reality technologies.
- Knowledge of space operations in context of joint operations.
Education, Training and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study
- Top Secret with current SCI eligibility
- Desired salary range is $175,000 to $200,000
Additional Desired Experience
- 15 years in systems engineering, Model-based Systems Engineering and related areas, to include managing teams/projects delivering solutions for missile warning or other national security space mission systems
- Familiarity with Shared Early Warning System, Theater Event System, Global Command and Control System- Joint, missile warning and tactical data-link formats, encryption device operation, Cross-Domain Solution systems of record, and network equipment operation (e.g. switches, routers)
- Experience maintaining national security mission networks
Additional Desired Education, Training and Certifications
- Masters of Science in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or relevant STEM concentration
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP), Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), or Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP) Certification
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website