SAIC is seeking a Software Assurance (SwA) Engineer who will serve as a software assurance SME providing support to the Resilient Systems Directorate in Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)). The perfect candidate will have software engineering expertise with a focus on SwA and Cyber; worked on one or more DoD weapon systems; and understand OSD or Service level policy and guidance for modern software development and program protection.
- Support DoD SwA field advancement through policy, standards and guidance products development and active participation in appropriate technical working groups, Community of Practice (CoP) groups, seminars, meetings and conferences, as needed.
- Support DoD weapon systems Independent Technical Risk Assessments (ITRA) by providing SwA-focused evaluation of secure software planning, design, development and other related activities. Perform tasks as a SwA Subject Matter Expert (SME), including providing support in recommending software assurance and systems security engineering best practices, remediation measures, implementation measures.
- Develop, review and promulgate SwA policy, guidance, education and training, standards, and engineering methods and tools and support DoD workforce development activities.
- Prepare executive level decision briefs, develop courses of action for short- and long-range implementation and administration of strategic objectives. Perform important professional engineering work that relates to directing, coordinating, and managing highly complex and innovative SwA.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field
- At least ten years of experience conducting SwA-related activities through the software development life cycle supporting the DoD or related customers.
- Experience with software engineering within diverse modern software development methodologies (DevSecOps, Agile, CI/CD pipeline).
- Knowledge of cyber security-related engineering activities including attack modeling and vulnerability scoring.
- Knowledge of secure coding standards, software and cybersecurity best practices.
- Knowledge in areas of identifying, prioritizing, and mitigating software weaknesses and vulnerabilities by employing appropriate automated analysis tools during the entire lifecycle of the system, including development, testing, operations, sustainment, and retirement.
- Knowledge of theories, precepts, and principles of software engineering and related sciences to plan, organize, and execute assigned DoD weapon systems programs involving the computer and related hardware and software of real-time and embedded systems.
- Ability to develop, prepare, coordinate, staff, and implement policies, procedures, programs, and directives.
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active Secret, able to obtain TS/SCI
- Advanced degree(s) in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience conducting or participating in software risk assessment for DoD weapon systems
- Experience in creation, deployment, and maintenance of cloud infrastructure, automated CI/CD pipeline, and container orchestration platforms.
- Knowledge of DoD Program Protection and Critical Technology Protection planning, design, and execution.
- Knowledge of DoD service component missions and relationships with the Military Departments, Defense Agencie,s and other Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) components.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD organizational structure and budgeting process, OSD inter-office coordination, and communication protocols.
- Ability to communicate, build and maintain relationships across organizations.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Apply on company website