DescriptionSAIC is looking for a Software Systems Engineer Principal to support our NASA EAST Program in Huntsville, AL. Seeking experienced, energetic, forward-thinking full- stack software developers to join our team as we continue to provide digital transformation services to our customers. The successful candidate will be excited to work in an agile DevSecOps environment and will have experience developing web applications, including both client user interfaces as well as REST/SOAP services. Our teams will be developing or modernizing applications that run in private and commercial cloud infrastructures. As such, the candidate should have familiarity developing applications that use virtualization, containers, and cloud services – with a focus on platforms such as Java, OpenShift, and Kubernetes. Job Description:
- Develop software applications with Java
- Work with business analysts to understand requirements as documented in user stories
- Work with subject matter experts and testers to verify functionality against documented test cases
- Work with cybersecurity engineers to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years or more experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- A minimum of 5 years in relevant software development experience
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple projects and associated deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to apply software support and troubleshooting methodologies
- Ability to provide 24x7 support of applications as needed
- Java and Java frameworks such as Spring and JPA/Hibernate
- HTML5, CSS, and CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Developing REST & SOAP services and APIs
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- UI/UX design and working with UI developers to finalize and implement their designs
- Cross-browser development and testing
- Compliance with Section 508 accessibility requirements
- SQL and relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- General development tools such as Git, Eclipse / IntelliJ / Visual Studio Code, etc.
- Development and deployment with OpenShift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Linux and Windows server environments contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Apply on company website