SAIC is seeking a Principal Software Systems Engineer to support our Navy customer in San Diego, CA. This position is contingent upon award and will be located in San Diego, CA.
• Generate detailed performance status reports and Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms).
• Generate artifacts and implement project and systems engineering management processes in compliance with customer frameworks.
• Develop project training materials, guidance, and instructions for project personnel.
• Provide the software updates, refactoring, replacement, and configuration required to modernize the customer system so that emerging requirements for cybersecurity and information assurance, performance, features, functionality, and usability are met.
• Develop and review technical documentation to ensure project quality objectives are satisfied.
• Provide testing/quality assurance for both the test and operational (production) systems, including features, functionality, configuration, performance, and usability.
• Support migration of the modernized system into the production Cloud environment, working in collaboration with other Integrated Product Team (IPT) members.
• Maintain the Cloud development and test environments.
• Provide engineering support for the both the post-modernized system (while it remains in the Data Center) and the system after migration to the production Cloud environment.
• Provide expertise on system performance and cybersecurity/information assurance requirements, providing solutions and mitigations for emerging issues and ATO efforts.
• Provide bug fixes and configuration changes necessary for features, functions, and performance issues.
• Provide new code and/or refactor existing code to solve emerging capability requirements.
• Meet requirements for new/modified software features, functionality, configuration, performance, and system Cybersecurity requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related field and nine (9) years or more experience
• At least nine (9) years of utilizing an agile software development methodology.
• At least nine (9) years of Microsoft Server experience (Server 2012, SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 Enterprise, and SQL (2012 to present version, Enterprise), to include a broad working experience with installation, administration, and development; configuration, maintenance, optimization and refactoring; and cybersecurity vulnerability discovery/resolution/mitigation.
• At least nine (9) years of ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Server experience, including; integration, installation, administration, maintenance, and optimization.
• At least nine (9) years of Full Spectrum Software Testing and Resolution/Mitigation: Performance of functional and cybersecurity code tests and scans; performance of automated software testing, performance of manual code testing; resolution/mitigation of code and cybersecurity vulnerability issues; creation of test plans, test procedures, and test reports; and performance of SOVTs.
• At least nine (9) years of Cloud Migration: Subject matter expertise in migration of operational enterprise-level systems to the Cloud.
• At least 5 years of experience with SharePoint list creation and optimization, and integration of non-SharePoint components; for SQL specifically, database administration and schema design.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have an active Secret clearance
Apply on company website