SAIC is currently seeking a Systems Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO. As a keymaker system administrator, the ideal candidate will provide information technology subject matter expertise with amnay facets of systems admonistrsation. The architecture is a virtualized global infrastructure supporting a mission-critical system for the government.
Site and Program Specific Support:
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and maintain oversight for all aspects of the IS infrastructure.
- Install, support, and maintain servers or other computer systems, and plan for and respond to service outages and other problems.
- Assess current system posture and propose specific hardware, software, firmware, and basic input/output system (BIOS) upgrades.
- Scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects, supervising or training computer operators.
- Assist with the planning, installation, and upgrades for all VMware hardware and software applications in accordance with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and local working directives.
- Research and make recommendations to the government for upgrades to system hardware infrastructure and applications to ensure continuous operations while maintaining desired performance and service.
- Work as an integrated team member in a highly dynamic operationally sensitive environment providing mission critical data to the war fighter. Communicate and coordinate across the whole team for cyber-related issues.
- Stay current with Government and industry trends, laws and standards and recommend methods to meet requirements.
- Collaborate with configurations management to develop and maintain authorized software lists for all types of systems assigned.
- Bachelors and 5 years or more experience; OR Masters and 3 years related experience
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- CompTIA Security+ or DOD 8570 IAT II qualifications required
- Desired: IT Specific certifications in specific area
- Experience with Installing, configuring and maintain Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 10 Operating Systems. * 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Server Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), and DNS.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); Deploying software packages, batch scripts, and windows updates. * Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS 6.5+) and newer versions. Ability to configure, STIG and remotely control servers.
- 2+ years of experience with VMWare Suite Products 5.5 and newer (6.5 Preferred). Strong understanding of virtualization, virtual networking, and iSCSI/SAN connections.
- Knowledge of Microsoft imaging tools, DISM, WIM processes. Knowledge of deploying system images remotely.
- Ability to handle complex tasks. Forecast computational requirements for mission specific needs and provide Course of Actions (CoAs) to customer.
- Ability to perform multiple projects with dynamic tasking and follow-through from beginning to end on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work as an integrated member of a dynamic and mission focused team to promote a cooperative working environment and a positive team atmosphere.
- Ability to work in a MS Windows virtualized environment.
- The ability to think analytically and approach issues logically and systematically.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Apply on company website