Tis the season for a bonus! This position is eligible for SAIC's National Security Sign On Bonus which pays within 30 days of start
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
SAIC is looking for a Systems Administrator to join the Intelligence Community.The individual will provide support to the Systems Administration and Cyber support across multiple IT systems.
- Work on timely patch management, updates, and accreditation and authorization - whether for the first time or renewals
- Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance
- Responsible for keeping systems in line with security plans and recommending revisions to the plan, maintaining accounts and permissions, reviewing audit logs, addressing user concerns about system usability, general maintenance of existing systems
- Build systems: install operating systems, patch, configure, and interface with other mission-partner organizations
- Handle software management, laptop compliance, patch management, and continuous monitoring/scanning
- Active TS/SCI W POLY
- Minimum of 14 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Experience installing & maintaining Linux Red Hat (CentOS) servers and workstations
- Experience installing & maintaining Windows servers and workstations per project requirements and NIST/Industrial Baseline Configuration guidelines
- Previous experience with the Intelligence Community
- Understanding of data and communications networking
- Able to analyze audit logs and application logs
- Closely collaborate with ISSM Staff and other Cyber Security personnel to manage ongoing issues and accreditations across the group
- Experience with patch management, continuous monitoring, and vulnerability scanning/remediation activities – this includes devising or implementing a continuous monitoring plan across multiple security domains and familiarity with tools used in compliance and vulnerability assessments
- Able to analyze scanning results for evidence of security vulnerabilities or threats
- Perform Nessus network scans and compliance checks for system security configuration guidelines or best practice
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills and patience
- Working knowledge of digital communications and related IT communications technologies
- Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi task and manage
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support customer's needs, clearly communicate (orally and written) ideas, take initiative to provide creative solutions to challenges and/or systemic problems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website