Job Description: SAIC is seeking engineering analyst support for the Avionics IPT within PMA 299 at Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in Patuxent River, MD. Candidate will work out of the California, MD SAIC office. In this role you will provide engineering and analytical support to the Avionics team. PMA 299 is the H-60 Multi Mission Helicopters Program Office, supporting the Navy's SH-60B, SH-60F, HH-60H, MH-60S, and MH-60R helicopters and user communities. Must be willing work onsite in Patuxent River, MD.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform technical analyses, planning and execution for the H-60 projects and present to the Government for consideration.
- Evaluate cost, schedule, and performance implications of proposed weapons and avionics systems tasks/efforts and verify ability to meet integration requirements within the cost, schedule and performance parameters for the H-60 weapons and avionics development, test and integration projects, and present to the Government for consideration.
- Perform reviews of technical specifications and documentation in support of H-60 development and integration and present to the Government for further action.
- Evaluate, assess and present findings to the Government on expected integration impacts as they relate to the operating interactions with other equipment to include space, weight, and electrical loading effects, and the optimum time phasing for incorporation into the aircraft.
- Analyze the aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technical progress, comparing actual versus planned technical progress. Based on this effort, present alternative or work-around procedures for Government consideration to mitigate impact of delays on the achievement of established project milestones.
- Attend (either in person or via telecon/VTC) and participate in technical interchange meetings, engineering/technical reviews, and other meetings as required to support the Government with H-60 development and integration projects.
- Provide technical review and technical evaluation for Government proposals.
- Participate in the coordination of specification requirements, design reviews, technical interchange meetings, program management reviews, and other meetings related to the In-Service Fleet aircraft: MH-60R (domestic and Foreign Military Sales (FMS)) and MH-60S programs. Present alternatives to the Government and input to meeting minutes and status tracking of action items. Conduct technical investigations and analyses and identify areas of technical risk with proposed avionics, architectures, systems, or integration schemes and suggest alternatives for risk reduction. Provide technical support in determining the hardware and software configuration requirements in preparation of procurement documentation to the Government for consideration and further processing.
- Perform engineering support to the FMS program to include monitoring technical progress of the aircraft OEM, comparing actual versus planned, and propose alternative procedures for Government consideration and possible implementation with objective for mitigating the impact of delays on established program milestones.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline and 5+ years of relevant Systems Engineering Experience.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance. Interim Secret is required to start work on the contract.
- Must be willing to work onsite in Patuxent River, MD
- Experience with NAVAIR Program Office environments and processes.
- Experience with H-60 helicopter systems.
- Experience with aircraft avionics systems.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Apply on company website