SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer-RF/Signals Processing for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer. Join our fantastic team in Reston, VA supporting an exciting mission that impacts national security. This is a great opportunity to be cleared to a poly level if you currently have an active TS/SCI!
Position duties include:
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems. This includes radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results.
- Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- May also review vendors' abilities to support development.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Advising staff on best technical approaches for RF technical collection.
- Writing/evaluating/coordinating experimental test plans.
- Surveying government/academia/industry RF initiatives that pertain to the mission.
- Locating/evaluating/recommending subject matter experts that are capable of performing highly specialized technical work.
- Attending and presenting information at technical meetings, workshops/ and conferences.
- Developing models/simulations/algorithms/systems for use in technical collection, Analyses of Alternatives or trade studies.
- Evaluating sensor data for suitability and processing sensor data.
- Authoring CONOPs.
- Performing technical evaluations of proposals and systems.
- Active TS/SCI is required - and the ability to obtain a CI Poly
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Demonstrated experience in RF signal processing to include experience with detection of low-powered RF and RF processing technique alternatives.
- Knowledge of signaling and signal processing techniques such as noise suppression, matched filtering, RF modulation and band limiting, as well as digital communication modulation and demodulation techniques such as Bi-Phase Shift Keying (BPSK), Quadrature Phase Shift Keying (QPSK), Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM – or one of its derivatives) and time/frequency analysis (e.g, Fourier Transforms).
- Experience conducting RF digital and analog data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience designing and using tools and techniques to evaluate and analyze RF data.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, Java, C, C++, Linux, or other programming tools.
Knowledge ofcommunications techniques including carrier wave transmission and reception, Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS), Frequency Hopping (FH) and/or Forward Error Correction (FEC) coding/decoding techniques.
Experience in transmission patterns and evaluating signal characteristics.
Experience conducting RF propagation modeling and analysis.
Experience preferred in handling large data bases for large volume/multi-core data processing and advanced signal detection theory. Mathworks or similarly applicable technical certification.
Apply on company website