SAIC is looking for a Test Manager; this position is a contingent position in Washington DC. The Test Manager works to improve product quality by working with the testing team to create test plans within SAFe® guidelines and agency standards; assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work; leverages organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentors and develops team members.
The Test Manager leads a test team that is part of the development team which is a subset of the Agile Scrum Team. It consists of dedicated professionals who can develop and test a Story, Feature, or component.
Test team responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master and Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work with the Scrum Master and Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality
- Create unit tests and acceptance tests, including automated tests
- Support coding and development of automated acceptance test cases
- Execute acceptance tests and maintain test cases in a shared repository
- Continuously improve team processes
- Continuously scan customized software during development cycle; track and remediate all functional, performance, and security issues
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Strong background in test automation, test-driven development, acceptance test-driven development, white-box, blackbox, and experience-based testing
- Experience collaborating with developers and business stakeholders to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness
- Experience leading in team retrospectives and implementing improvements
- Experience Leading engagements; executing process changes; and conducting performance reviews for team members
- Ability to work in a team setting to plan and design test strategies
- Must have risk management skills to provide early indication of program increment schedule/scope impacts
- Must have the ability to devise test strategy based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Must have experience with SQL, Java, Selenium
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance.
- Must be US Citizen
- Prior experience with DHS or TSA is greatly preferred
- Experience with working in an AIX and Unix environments is preferred
Apply on company website