SAIC is looking for a talented Video Producer to join our multimedia design studio, which provides contemporary and innovative multimedia production solutions to Intelligence Community customers. The video producer will work with our team of creative professionals to develop high-end visual collateral to convey and help define customer messaging. The products you create here will be visible to the highest levels of IC leadership and will often have a direct impact on mission.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced creative environment. This person will feel comfortable wearing different hats across a wide-range of products. Scripted videos, short and long-form documentaries, animated promos, re-enactments, web series, podcasts, and interactive web based training modules are some of the flagship products across our portfolio.
We're looking for a candidate who can not only help contribute as a producer on day one, but also someone who has hands-on production skills. Having specialized production experience will be highly favored during the interview/consideration process. In addition to your producing background, we're especially looking for individuals with videography experience, familiarity with Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and awareness of audio recording best practices.
This position is primarily located in Chantilly, VA, with frequent on-location video shoots across the Washington Metropolitan Area. Intermittent domestic and foreign travel may also occur.
All candidates MUST have a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph for consideration.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with internal and external customers to gather requirements for upcoming and ongoing projects.
- Producing original content, including pitching, script writing, and storyboarding of abstract ideas concepts.
- Collaborating with production teammates (animators, graphic designers, audio engineers, web developers, and other producers) to incorporate multimedia elements into video products.
- Creating and adhering to customer facing production schedules.
- Coordinating logistics for field and studio productions.
- Producing concurrent multimedia pieces, some with tight deadlines.
- Conducting well-researched interviews with SMEs to help shape stories and authenticate content.
- Scouting locations for productions.
- Locating and licensing appropriate b-roll and music.
- Lighting, shooting, and editing content as part of our video production team.
- Editing of multi-camera footage according to scripts and storyboards.
- Filming interviews, events, and b-roll in single camera or multi-camera configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced certificate in Production, Multimedia Design, or Design related field is highly desired
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple, concurrent projects, with varying production timelines
- Familiarity with video sets and team member's roles
- A demonstrated track-record of in-depth working knowledge of industry-standard multimedia production best practices and contemporary technologies
- Familiarity with professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology
- Experience with EFP, digital post-production, various video formats and transcoding, encoding, and authoring for distribution
- Advanced organization and attention to detail with regards to media management and file structure
- Familiar with audio recording and monitoring equipment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite's video tools and familiarity with Photoshop or Illustrator
- Live event production experience, producing large-scale conferences and trade shows
- Producing nonlinear or branching content experiences including, but not limited to, 360 video and VR
- Experience with content creation Cinema 4D, Maya, Houdini, or Unreal
- Experience / Expertise in still photography
- Familiarity with conceptualizing and creating 508-compliant content and experiences
- Ability to direct voice-over and ADR sessions
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Apply on company website