Do you have the career opportunities as a Laboratory Research Assistant you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Sarah Cannon which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Sarah Cannon, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts.
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Research Inventory Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Laboratory Research Assistant you will perform high-level medical laboratory processing procedures for specimens received on patients enrolled in clinical trials.
- You will initiate improvements, tools, processes and forms to enhance the efficiency and the quality of work in the lab.
- You will assist with the training of new Laboratory Research Assistants.
- You will process and ship bone marrow samples according to lab instructions provided by study sponsor.
- You will process and ship pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and all other samples according to instructions provided by study sponsor.
- You will be responsible for high- level processing procedures requested by study sponsors becoming the primary processor and trainer for those procedures.
- You will prepare study supplies/source documents necessary for obtaining lab samples prior to patient treatment.
- You will utilize electronic medical record (EMR) for source documentation.
- You will maintain accurate freezer sample logs.
- You will maintain accurate records of sample acquisition and shipping. All PK samples must have source documents available in patient charts that are accurate and complete. All shipping and processing records should be maintained in the patient's study folder.
- You will schedule appropriate couriers for sample shipments.
- You will ensure there is an adequate supply of dry ice available for shipments.
- You will respond to queries generated from study sponsor or contract lab regarding patient/sample data.
- You will interface with Tennessee Oncology and Centennial Medical Center laboratory personnel regarding labs for research patients.
- You will interface with Research Nurses to ensure that all research patients have correct lab kits prior to patients' visits and to ensure all necessary specimens are collected per lab manual.
You should have for this position:
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements for safe handling of blood and body fluid.
- At least one year of clinical laboratory and phlebotomy or equivalent experience
- Vocational training or certification in laboratory science and/or phlebotomy
- Skill in venipuncture and/or blood processing
- Current BLS certification
Sarah Cannonis the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare.We offerintegrated cancer serviceswith easy access to cutting-edge therapies for communities across the United States and United Kingdom.Sarah Cannon's cancer programs include individualized patient navigation. Our nurses are oncology-trained.More than 1,200 stem cell transplants are performed yearly within the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network.Through its services, Sarah Cannon providesstate-of-the-art cancer carefor hundreds of thousands of patients. Our cancer experts are collaborating and sharing best practices.We address every aspect of the cancer journey, from screening and diagnosis through treatment and survivorship.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Research Inventory Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website