At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of drafting and finalizing client invoices for a group of dedicated attorneys.
- Coordinate with Partners, Attorneys and Secretaries to manage time entries and edits, adjustments, write-downs, rate management and bill posting.
- Work directly with e-billing team to ensure that invoices that require electronic invoices are submitted timely.
- Preparation and processing of high-quality invoices. Prepare invoices in customized formats as required by clients and Partners. Perform override calculations and changes. Initiate requests for supporting documentation and review for accuracy.
- Help to coordinate follow up on outstanding WIP and receivables. Work with assigned Partners to actively address aged unbilled fees and costs.
- Assist Collections team with identification and reconciliation of payments received.
- Provide basic financial data and analysis.
- Work with billers and attorneys in other offices as needed.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of legal billing experience
- Experience with Elite Enterprise strongly preferred
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
Seyfarth will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309
This position is based in Boston, MA 02210
This position is based in Chicago, IL 60606
This position is based in Houston, TX 77002
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90017This position is based in San Francisco, CA 94105
Apply on company website