At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
In this position, you will be a part of the national docketing team, reporting to the Litigation Docketing Coordinator. You will be part of a regional and national docketing team that provides support to the firm's Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle and other domestic offices.
On any given day, you will be working with your colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Log and process all docket requests assigned to you, using the firm's docketing software
- Respond to case teams to ensure that docket entries are accurate
- Assist in the investigation of docket issues and respond to procedural inquiries from attorneys
- Know how to electronically research court cases to maintain an accurate record
- Know applicable court rules on how to electronically file documents in federal court using the cm/ecf system
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the regional coordinator and the Director and Managing Attorney, Docket
- Answer procedural questions related to date calculations and filing requirements
- A Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience as a docket specialist. Ideally, with exposure to litigation in a law firm environment
- Proficient with rules based docketing
- Computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
- A detail oriented skill set and have the ability to budget time efficiently while handling multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interpret and analyze information
- Experience with CompuLaw desired, but not required
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the followinglink:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
Seyfarth will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90067
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA 90017
This position is based in San Francisco, CA 94105
This position is based in Seattle, WA 98104
This position is based in Sacramento, CA 95814
Apply on company website