Shaw Contract is a global design leader in commercial flooring for some of the world's most creative and innovative environments. Our vast, sustainable product offerings can be found in diverse markets such as workplace, healthcare, hospitality, education and multi-family dwellings; supporting the spaces in which we work, learn, live, play and heal.
Our Design Director provides vision and leadership for the Hard Surface design studio. Direct and develop product introduction plan for Shaw Contract. Responsible for managing and executing all aspects of design, development, color and fabrication for all relevant product categories that respond to business needs in all commercial market segments. This role will work out of our Commercial Marketing Campus in Cartersville, GA.
What you'll be doing:
- In partnership with Marketing and Shaw Contract VP Design, develop overall vision, design direction and execution of product plan for target markets.
- Lead an integrated design and fabrication team in the following functional areas: product and pattern design, color line development, fabrication of new flooring styles, administration and issuance of all new product specifications.
- Responsible for product introduction and marketing strategy at launch, including product layout, product photography and architect folder approvals.
- Manage the design process to ensure that key dates, deliverables, and product launch dates are met, working across multiple internal and external teams.
- Challenge and inspire design team to meet Shaw Contract brand objectives and consult in other design studios in Shaw Design in order to meet cross market requirements, overall brand and business goals.
- Manage, train and mentor the designers on the product development team and, as
- needed, for the designers on the Custom Design Services team.
- Provide design and color direction based on market requirements, research, experience, and knowledge to lead in design and performance in target markets.
- Dynamically present and communicate product design vision and directions and product offerings to clients (in the marketplace and during mill tours), sales, and management.
- Lead the development process to meet specific target cost needs to support margin goals for each product introduction.
- Lead development process to meet required test results for product performance in market.
- Lead design studio in participation with and alignment with our formal Strategic Profit Center team process and provided system tools.
- Lead a collaborative environment between product development, marketing, and manufacturing teams.
- Lead relationship with Central Planning and Commercial Hard Surface team to understand capacity issues and integrate solutions through the development process.
- Continually seek innovative ways of improving design, quality and efficiency of manufacturing and internal processes.
- Build strong relationships at all levels of the organization, and key client relationships in commercial design field, and targeted collaborative partners.
- Travel to vendors abroad and in market for product development, research, client visits, and industry design and trade events.
Create Strategic Plan, Drive Results, Drive Innovation, Build a Successful Team
Required Skills and Experience:
- Four year college degree: Interior Design related, Graphic Design, Textile Design, or similar.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of product development experience and leading a design team.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial products and industry in targeted market segments.
- Experienced in manufacturing design software and systems, pattern design, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Role can be filled as a Design Manager or a Design Director, depending on experience.
Although our highly-distributed workforce can be found around the globe, Shaw Contract is based out of Cartersville, Georgia in our new highly-sustainable, world-class Create Centre facility, which is home to product development and marketing for our commercial division, demonstrating our commitment to hiring the best talent. We hire humble, collaborative and ambitious people and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Shaw Contract is the commercial design brand for Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a vertically integrated manufacturer that supplies carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile & stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets globally. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, and with manufacturing in the United States, Scotland, Mexico and China, Shaw is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with more than $4.5 billion in annual sales and 23,000 associates worldwide.
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website