Position Overview: This position is to lead the Human Resources Department and to ensure the proper application and implementation of the policies and procedures of Shaw Industries Group, Inc. The Human Resources Manager will act as an employee advocate while administering company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
Responsibilities: The Human Resources Manager will cultivate a safe, honest and open team environment where all associates are engaged and aligned with the facility's business goals. The Human Resources Manager will directly impact these goals through focused efforts in talent management, risk assessments, and change leadership.
Responsibilities also include:
- Act as a liaison between HR, management, and associates regarding HR policies/procedures/practices and associate relations
- Assist Sr. HR Manager with driving OFCCP compliance, including coordination of EEO and AAP reporting
- Be accessible to all associates to provide an open avenue of communication and counsel associates with problems/needs; escalating complex issues as required
- Provide oversight and conduct associate, safety, and compliance related investigations, supporting root cause analysis, countermeasures, resolution, and application of progressive disciplinary actions where applicable
- Provide oversight of development and implementation of recognition program
- Assess employee attitudes and culture at the facility
- Provide first level coaching and development of plant staff
- Respond to the changes in the business
- Communicate policies/procedures/employee benefits
- Partner with the training department and champion the On-The-Job training programs
- Co-Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs for the Management team with the training manager
- Drive Results
- Demonstrate Good Judgment
- Coach and Support
- Build Trusting Relationships
- 4 year degree required
- Previous HR Generalist/Training experience required
Preferred: Minimum 3 years HR/Training experience preferred
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website