Coordinate contract flooring projects from the approval of the project through the final completion. Ensure that each project is completed on schedule, that the quality meets all standards, that the projected profit levels are maintained or improved, and that the customer is completely satisfied.
- Communicate with mills and other distributors to determine availability of products
- Responsible for the timing of placing materials on hold, making certain of dye-lot compatibility and placing/tracking blanket orders
- Coordinate job schedules with client. Work with client and General Contractor and/or supervisor
- Determine step necessary to meet project deadlines. Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet frequently changing project schedules
- Perform consistent, timely follow-ups with suppliers, tracking as many as thirty separate shipments of items depending on the complexity of the job
- Make freight arrangements for products shipments in the most expeditious and cost effective manner
- Locate installers for out of town installation and negotiate prices and schedules
- Create all purchase orders and contracts. Thorough follow up is essential including evening and weekend contact as required
- Create and coordinate all change orders. Track all changes in timetables and materials to ensure proper completion and billing
- Monitor installations for meeting schedules and quality standards
- Approve installation bills. Review and evaluate all installer bills for accuracy
- Maintain required documentation in job folders and on the computer system to support the projects. Assemble all information related to the projects.
- Prepare job folders for invoicing. Review for extras and change orders, determine freight charges, verify for accuracy, and submit to Accounts Receivable
- Receive maintenance and repair calls. Determine responsibility for repairs. Prepare cost estimates if necessary. On projects under guarantee, arrange repairs by original installers within prescribed timelines. In their absence, recruit and dispatch replacement installers. Review invoices and charge back primary installers accordingly.
- Apply Work Standards
- Build Customer Satisfaction
- Learn and Apply
High School Diploma / GED is required.
Previous clerical experience.
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website