Performs as an assistant supervisor to the Asset Reliability Supervisor by supervising and assigning maintenance staff based on work loads and schedules.
Assists in the oversight of the repairs to equipment and machinery.
Developes, interprets and implements policies and procedures.
Ensures that staff is trained in maintenance activities and are following standard operating procedures and preventative maintenance practices.
Monitors and participates in operations in assigned areas including inspecting projects and auditing projects throughout the plant.
Inspects work to ensure safe work practices are being followed.
Participates in scheduling outside contractors, ensures safe work practices are being followed. Able train contractors on SHAW Safety Handbook and Plant Specific Safety Hazards.
Ensures that all plant required PPE is being used and are kept in good repair at all times.
Coordinates safety training for maintenance personnel as needed.
Ensures proper work practices are being followed by working with the Asset Performance Supervisor to drive continuous improvement in the areas of preventative maintenance, safety and quality of work.
Directs works in CMMS, including MARS, EZ Entry, SHARP, etc)
- Participates in maintaining the work order system
- Schedules and organizes work orders with the direction of the Asset Performance Supervisor.
- Communicates with department managers and supervisors to clarify the scope of work being done, time schedule and updates.
- Requisition needed parts and materials through Peoplesoft.
- Schedule and Assign specific maintenance employees.
- Follow-up on assigned work orders to ensure they are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
Inspects work for completeness and quality.
Performs random Audits on completed Preventative Maintenance tasks.
- Basic knowledge of PdM technologies (ultrasound and IR thermography )
- Perform precision alignment on belts and shafts utilizing precision alignment tools.
- Train maintenance teammates on alignment techniques
- knowledgeable in oil sampling techniques, procedures, and analysis
- In the absence of the Asset Performance Supervisor, will assume all duties and responsibilities of that position.
- Attends meetings as required.
Leads by example and demonstrates good work practices.
Attendance is an essential function of the job
Overtime as needed.
8 hour, day shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website