Job Location:Corporate Indianapolis
Simon is innovating the customer experience and the future of retail by creating a digital marketplace to deliver a connected, engaging and personalized omni-channel shopping journey across its customer touch points both online and in our shopping centers. This is an opportunity to join Simon's digital innovation team to develop and implement a new omni-channel marketing solution, driving engagement across all customer touch points and creating a unique shopping experience for our customers.
You will contribute to this eCommerce platform as a member of the development team using Agile methodologies. You'll focus on implementing innovative new product features in high-quality code (unit test, integration test, continuous integration) and developing Java-based services and applications using Java EE, Spring Framework, ORM Framework and Web Services. You will also participate in refactoring efforts and write the necessary tests. The ideal candidate will thrive in an energetic, collaborative environment where you do things properly and thoroughly the first time and improve the product with each subsequent release.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design, develop and implement solutions to support the business requirements within Hybris (SAP CX) eCommerce platform.
- Refine and decompose a specification into its simplest elements, translate this logic into a technical design, and implement with a programming language
- Validate design and development with the inclusion of unit testing to ensure a proper working solution
- Write unit tests
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques; updates/modifies existing software regardless of the original developer
- Participate with other IT staff, customers, and other stakeholders in tests and project reviews
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and problem solving abilities. Correctly defines business problems/requirements and implements timely, effective solutions.
- Write multi-threaded processes using industry design patterns
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with other functional areas of IS, executive management, and vendor/partners.
- Drive tasks to completion with little oversight or supervision
- Master's Degree in Software Engineering or related field or Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience
Apply on company website