This position is responsible for serving as the welcoming greeter and informational source to shoppers as they visit a Simon property. The position is the first point of contact for shoppers to welcome them to the center, provide information, and provide a positive feeling/experience about the shopping center.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for representing Simon to customers by providing high quality, efficient, and friendly service.
- Provide high quality and efficient services when assisting guests with mall or surrounding mall area information, directions, transportation, store applications, event tickets, dinner reservations, etc.
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries and advise on the appropriate resolution while remaining pleasant and cheerful.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist any individuals with disabilities accordingly, and thank the guest with genuine appreciation (e.g. hand a business card during the Thank You to invite them to come back or reach out before their next visit).
- Knowledgeable about mall layout, retailers located within the mall and their location, mall amenities, and any temporary retailers located within the center on seasonal basis.
- Walk customers to stores as needed; call retailer for information; assist with stroller or wheelchair needs.
- Knowledgeable about any mall programming, new store openings, retailer in-store promotions, etc. which are outlined by mall management.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently adjust to changing circumstances based on traffic patterns and needs of the center. Changes could include moving the greeter location or switching to another task.
- Ability to offer appropriate recommendations to shoppers in need, and provide personal, positive experiences about recommendation as warranted (e.g. I love that restaurant, the chocolate layer cake is the best!).
- Welcome domestic and international tourists to the center in a positive, friendly manner.
- Surprise and delight customers and offer preferential treatment as warranted
- Ability to capture additional information from shoppers (e.g. package instructions, shopper registration, logging onto Wi Fi, making reservations, etc.).
- May be asked to assist with other areas of mall management as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality and follows the code of ethics
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of customer service or sales background preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to spend 100% of his/her time on their feet when providing services to customers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be extremely outgoing, approachable, and professional.
- Must be articulate with excellent verbal communication skills, excellent hospitality and interpersonal skills.
- Present a professional, pleasant and courteous appearance at all times.
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant in stressful situations while maintaining a willingness to be helpful in fulfilling the guests' need(s).
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
Apply on company website