Job Location:Houston Premium Outlets
he Guest Services Supervisor, Premium Outlet Center, is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of a multi-national, multi-lingual customer service staff possibly at multiple locations within the center. The Guest Services Supervisor plays a critical role in driving sales at the center by maximizing the customer's shopping experience through supervision of a well-trained, knowledgeable, friendly customer service staff that exceeds the customer's expectations. In addition, the Guest Services Supervisor ensures staff members are routinely recommending gift cards and other amenities, as well as requesting donations to the Simon Youth Foundation. The Guest Services Supervisor is expected to spend approximately 30% of the time doing all the tasks required of a Guest Services Representative.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Interview candidates for guest services positions; make hiring recommendations to Management.
- Complete weekly detailed schedule to ensure appropriate staffing at both locations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Marketing and Business Development to ensure all training of staff is completed and that staff members adhere to policies and procedures.
- Providing training, retraining, counseling and disciplinary action, as appropriate. Report issues to Director of Marketing and Business Development.
- Resolve customer complaints or issues, when possible.
- Update reference materials, as needed.
- Coordinate with marketing to be knowledgeable about all Center, Regional and Corporate marketing initiatives involving the Guest Services staff and communicate the information to staff.
- Communicate with tour operators.
- Assign, specific responsibilities to Guest Services Representatives: maintaining sufficient inventory of forms and supplies; organizing and ensuring sufficient inventory of marketing materials, ordering, organizing and maintaining inventory of tourism brochures; ensuring table tent program is managed, of table tents, and lost and found. Ensure each of the assignments is done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff members routinely recommend gift cards and other amenities, as well as requesting donations to the Simon Youth Foundation.
- Ensure staff members perform “roving” concierge duties to maximize our interaction and customer service to shoppers.
- Create a work environment that supports innovation, creativity and teamwork.
- Lead and provide guidance to the team of guest services professionals to enhance the shopping experience for shoppers.
- Encourage, through role modeling and active support, a guest services team that readily accepts and adopts change.
- Regularly provide personal recognition to individuals who deliver superior performance to reinforce standards of excellent work.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to customer service staff and assist the Director of Marketing and Business Development in assessing team and individual performance.
- Complete all tasks required of Guest Services Supervisor flawlessly.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college or professional school preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of guest services experience in fast-paced environment
- Solid mathematical skills
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be fluent in English (oral & written); Proficiency in at least one other language is preferred (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, German)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to spend 100% of his/her time on their feet when providing services to all internal and external customers
- Aptitude for understanding financial reports and extracting information
- Strong working knowledge of various computer software such as Microsoft Office, JD Edwards, OneWorld, and Web based input software
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
Apply on company website