DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $18.36 - $24.33 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Patient Care Tech- PCU with Sky Ridge Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Sky Ridge Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Sky Ridge Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Patient Care Tech- PCU to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) / CNA you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with your PCT/CNA's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assist the patient care team with maintain a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment.
Here is some of what you can expect from being a PCT with us:
- You will participate in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- You will document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence.
- You will assist with mobility by regular turning and positioning patients, assist patients with use of walkers and other devices, and you will transfer patients to and from other departments.
- You will assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination.
- You will demonstrate caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- You will seek opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high quality care to the patients served.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- CNA training program required.
- CNA Certification with the State or Fundamentals of Nursing Course at accredited school required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- One year plus years' experience in an acute care setting preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Sky Ridge Medical Center has grown to become a 284 plus bed destination hospital in Lone Tree, Colorado with a reputation for providing clinical excellence and world-class service to our patients and employees. Sky Ridge offers high-quality compassionate care through patient-centered programs such as a comprehensive Cancer Center, adult and pediatric emergency departments, an award-winning Birth Place, and a state of the art Spine and Total Joint Center. We offer extensive services and the latest technology in our specialties of women's care, pediatric care, orthopedic services, robotic surgery center, and top-rated emergency care in our Level II Trauma Center. We strive to provide healthier tomorrows for our patients and families in our community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Patient Care Tech- PCU opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website