South Central Indiana REMC
South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, member-owned cooperative. The cooperative is a leader in distribution technology and is headquartered in a new and progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana. SCI REMC serves seven counties including Morgan, Monroe, Owen, Brown, Johnson, Putnam and Clay with over 3,650 miles of energized lines and 33,905 meters serving 29,100 members. SCI REMC is also in the implementation phase with a new fiber division which offers broadband services to its members' homes and businesses.
SCI REMC is looking for applicants for a full-time Dispatcher position. The best candidates will have successful system operations experience with an electric power company. SCI is also willing to train minimally-experienced applicants who have demonstrated work or education history to be analytical, detailed, dependable and have an ability to handle multiple events and maintain focus to accurately communicate with personnel in safety-sensitive positions. Candidates must have a strong desire to learn system operation, train and achieve System Operator I certification in three to five years of hire, depending on experience level. Candidates must be comfortable with working in a no-window, secure office environment for 12 hour shifts.
The Dispatch/System Operations department provides 24 hour/7 days a week service to operations. Upon completion of extensive new hire training, primarily conducted on days for up to 1-year, viable applicants must be willing to work a night shift schedule (6 pm to 6 am) for several years. Shifts are assigned based on qualifications and service time in department.
This key position's general responsibilities include:
- Continuous monitoring of the SCI electric grid in real-time and operating automated electrical devices via SCADA as needed to maintain a stable system.
- Dispatching of work orders, service orders, and outage tickets to system construction, servicemen, and repair crews as needed. Maintaining accurate and thorough daily communication logs and comply with OSHA lock-out/tag-out requirements.
- Managing outage situations, including contacting repairs crew for outages using the Interactive Voice Response system, Outage Management system, CIS, AMI, and SCADA system.
- Coordinating distribution power line switching operations via two-way radio telephone, or other electronic forms of communication.
- Assisting the System Operations Team Leader and System Operators in maintaining an accurate system operations model to ensure correct locations of distribution lines and devices.
If you are Interested in this great opportunity and meet the qualifications below,
apply confidentially through the SCI REMC website – www.sciremc.com/careers
Resumes received ONLY through the SCI website will be considered.
SCI REMC offers excellent benefits including a pension plan, 401(k) matched savings, healthcare, HSA with a generous employer contribution and much more. Joining the co-op family will prove to be a welcoming, friendly experience where employees are focused on providing the best service to all members and subscribers. Join this unique, not-for-profit business that truly values employees and encourages life-long learning and development.
Apply on company website