Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Radiology and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Radiology opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible to provide continuous quality nursing care to patients, age infant to geriatric, through the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Will perform all aspects of the nursing process, a large percentage of his/her time is spent on monitoring patients who receive sedation/analgesia and/or are undergoing invasive procedures. Must effectively maintain the standard of practice, supplies and equipment and promotes communication and collaboration with physicians, radiology staff and other members of the healthcare team.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides care to patients using the nursing process as a guide for actions, assesses and formulates an appropriate plan that addresses: educational needs, discharge planning, age-specific needs, bio-psycho-social needs and patient/family preference.
2. Administers and monitors patients undergoing sedation/analgesia per physician order and hospital protocol. Monitors patients undergoing invasive procedures in the Radiology department(s).
3. Demonstrates knowledge and competency of patient care requirements specific to the Radiology department(s) including the safe and correct transporting and positioning of patients, use of and possible reactions to contrast media and radiation safety procedures.
4. Maintains specialized knowledge and competence required to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of patients and others in the Radiology environment. Incorporates National Safety Goals to all areas of Nursing Practice.
5. Employs effective clinical leadership skills. Plans, organizes and delegates work to other personnel based on knowledge of patients needs and the skills and competencies of the personnel. Provides nursing support to technologists in all Radiology modalities as needed including assisting patients experiencing unanticipated allergic reactions.
6. Interacts and communicates effectively with all members of the health care team. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education- associate degree, diploma or baccalaureate program.
2. Must maintain BLS Instructor Certification in order to train STRIC employees BLS/CPR.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
2. Current CPR certification and ACLS certification.
Supervised By: Director of Nursing, STRIC
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Radiology opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website