DescriptionHourly Wage Estimate: $16.18 - $24.29 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Dietary Clerk with Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Dietary Clerk to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Diet Clerk is responsible for processing patient menu selections in accordance with appropriate prescribed diet treatment. The employee will utilize hospital integrated software programs to generate menu tickets for individual patients. The Diet Clerk must effectively communicate daily with Staff and patients to obtain correct diet choices. Resources such as a clinical dietitian or online nutrition manual may be required to help the diet clerk make critical decisions. The Diet Clerk must follow all County, State and Regulatory agency guidelines and department policies. The employee is also responsible for overseeing quality control measures, temperatures, attractiveness and palatability of food during patient meal service. They will maintain a clean and safe environment. Ensures infection control practices are always maintained.
- Clark County Food Handlers Card Required
- Previous Healthcare Diet Clerk Experience is Preferred
- Healthcare Food Service Experience Preferred
- Prior Customer Service Experience Required
Culinary Certificates a plus but not required
ServSafe Certification Required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Southern Hills Hospital is a 260+ bed acute care hospital. We provide emergency and pediatric emergency services. Our facility also offers a behavioral health unit serving teens and adults, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center and a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit. In addition, Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center provides women with top level care with our OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging and surgical services. We are also certified by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America, in disease-specific areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Dietary Clerk opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website